Extended Leg Pose
Stretches hamstrings; strengthens abs
- Lie faceup with knees bent, feet on floor; take 3 deep breaths.
- a. Exhale and hug left knee to chest.
- b. Inhaling, extend left leg over hip. Exhaling, hug it in. Do 3 reps.
- On fourth rep, keep leg up and circle ankle four times in each direction.
- Hug knee in; lower foot. Switch sides; repeat.
- Exhale and hug both knees to chest for 3 breaths.
Tones abs, pelvic floor, inner thighs
- a. Lie faceup with soles of feet together, knees open to sides. Inhale.
- b. Exhale and slowly squeeze thighs together. Do 6 reps.
- Do 6 more times, taking twice as long to bring thighs together.
Cobra Leg Lift
Strengthens back and pelvic muscles
- Lie facedown with elbows by sides, hands by shoulders.
- Rest forehead on floor, chin tucked slightly.
- Inhale and lift chest using back muscles.
- At the same time, lift right leg as high as you can while keeping pelvis level.
- Hold, then exhale to lower.
- Switch sides; repeat.
- Do 6 reps, alternating sides, lifting leg a little higher each time.