Back exercises that help prevent back pain, eliminate back fat and strengthen and condition your back.
Get your doctor’s okay before starting these strengthening and conditioning exercises. Reduces stiffness in back and hips; relieves tension in spine
- Cow Pose: On hands and knees, inhale and lift head while making back concave.
- Cat Pose: On exhale, tuck tailbone, contract abs, and round back, head down.
- Child’s Pose: Draw hips back to heels, drop chest, rounding spine, and rest forehead on floor, arms in front of you. Do 6 reps of whole cycle. Rest in Child’s Pose for several breaths.
Stretches abs, hips, quads, lower back; strengthens abs
- Lie faceup with feet on floor about 6 inches from butt, arms by sides, palms down.
- Inhaling, press into feet and lift lower body until knees form a diagonal with head.
- As you exhale, contract your abs and slowly lower spine.
- Do 6 reps.