- Hot Spicy foods increase metabolism, eat them.
- Go to Sleep. People that do not get enough sleep are at risk to gain weight according to researchers. It has also been shown in some studies that the last few hours of sleep are when muscles are repaired and regenerated.
- Drink more water. Because we are exercising we have toxins being released and they need to be flushed and water serves that propose. Conversely if there is not enough water the bodies functions are slowed down and all the systems decrease in speed and produce additional stresses and it becomes a spiraling problem.
- Eat more small meals about 2-3 hours apart and make it so you eat about 4 – 6 meals a day.
- Do not skip meals. A dieter may want to skip meals but in order to lose weight the metabolism has to be kept high and in order for metabolism to be kept up there has to be fuel.
- Get good at planned meals. Establish a balanced pattern and plan out the amounts and times to eat the proper meals. Avoid a sporadic schedule for meals as this is a huge mistake.
- Get rid of the stress in your life. Stress can come from all different areas of your life and it can detrimentally affect your attempts to increase your metabolism. Work on the areas of stress and your metabolism will naturally increase.
- Green tea in copious amounts as a alternate for drinking coffee will serve to stimulate your metabolism and it does not have the negative side effects like coffee does if you drink too much.
- Energy foods are a vital ingredient to making this change to increase your metabolism. Some energy foods are whole grains, beans, vegetables and fruits.
Before you embark on any health related change always consult your trusted health professional and listen to your body. To reach the goal of balancing and increasing ones metabolism and body weight is an obtainable goal but one needs patience and persistence as this is not a quick fix proposition. Do not allow anything except success as an option. You can reach your goal.