While not everyone has time to spend two hours at the gym every day, it is still possible to get enough daily activity to help your body burn off unwanted belly fat. Try to fit in three five minute sets of vigorous exercise per day, five days out of the week. Some great examples of workouts that will get your heart pumping and help you lose belly fat include:
- Run in place for five minutes.
- Jog around your office / parking lot.
- Jump rope or do jumping jacks.
- Do a few sets of chair squats.
- Get up and dance to a favorite song.
If conditions prevent you from performing cardiovascular activities, try to clock at least thirty minutes of lighter exercises, five days per week. Some great examples of low-impact workouts to help you lose belly fat include:
- Fast walking – Go to a local park or walk around your neighborhood. This activity is even better when shared with a friend or beloved pet.
- Swimming – If you have a local swimming pool or lake nearby, this is a great way to lose belly fat fast.
- Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT) activities – can help you burn calories while you work.
As always, if you have any medical conditions that may be exacerbated by vigorous exercise, be sure to consult with your physician before you start any workout plan.
Also remember that spot exercises like sit-ups won’t reduce your belly fat and can actually make it more apparent by increasing the volume of the lean muscle underneath. No matter which muscle group is being activated by your chosen activity, your body will burn fat from all parts of your body, including your waistline!