Reverse Dumbbell Flies
Primary Muscle(s): Rear Deltoids
- Grab two dumbbells and bend over so that your torso is at a 45º angle. Keep your back straight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and powerfully raise both arms directly out to the side. They should stay in-line with your chest.
- Hold the contraction for .5 seconds at the top and slowly return down to the bottom.
Tip: Hold the contraction at the top for 2-3 seconds to burn out your rear delts.
Primary Muscle(s): Traps
- Stand tall with 2 dumbbells at your side.
- Tighten your core, draw back your shoulders, and powerfully shrug up into your neck.
- SQUEEZE the contraction for 2s and slowly lower all the way down.
Tip: Exaggerate the squeeze at the top of each rep and hold the final rep for as long as possible.