Primary Muscle(s): Front Deltoids
- Grab two ropes with a firm grip and squat down slightly. Sit back into your hips and keep your abs tight.
- Vigorously pull the rope up with either arm and then throw it down. Continue to alternate up-and-down and build up speed as your arms get into a rhythm — the ropes should look like two waves.
- Repeat for 30 seconds or until your arms give out.
Tip: You can also do battle ropes in sync and raise/lower both arms at the same time. It sort of looks like a Hulk-smash.
Barbell Clean & Press
Primary Muscle(s): Shoulders (All)
- Stand tall with a loaded barbell on your thighs. Tighten your core, dip down slightly, and powerfully pull the barbell up on top of your collarbone.
- Explosively press the barbell overhead.
- Hold for 1s, slowly lower the bar back to your collarbone, and then drop it down to your thighs. Complete each clean & press in one fluid motion. Repeat for a full set.
Tip: Do a calf raise when the bar is at the top of the movement.