Leg Throw Downs
- Lie down on your back with your legs stretched out straight.
- Have your fitness buddy stand with his legs shoulder width apart, such that your head falls in between his feet.
- You can place your hands below your hips to support your pelvis.
- Hold your fitness buddy’s ankles with your hands for balance and support.
- Engage your core. Continue to breathe.
- Begin with bending your knees, then, raise your legs up – towards your partner’s direction.
- Here comes your partner’s role : He throws back your legs down, from where you lift the legs back again. The prime idea is to resist the force of the push.
- Do not let the feet touch the ground as your partner pushes them.
To achieve toned obliques, your buddy must push you at about a 45 degree angle.
- Begin by positioning yourself in the push-up position.
- From there, place your forearms on the ground in such a way that they are aligned in a 90 degree angle with respect to your shoulders. Make sure your elbows are placed just beneath your shoulders.
- Form your hands into a fist and position them firmly on the ground for stability.
- Engage your core, and squeeze your glutes.
- Your body should be positioned linearly.
The target is to keep yourself in this position for as long as your body and mind allows. If you’re a novice, begin with 30 seconds and progress gradually.