Summer or winter, it’s always a good time for guys to flaunt their broad, menacing shoulders—it’s also the one thing the ladies will notice most (apart from your guns). But how do you get perfectly capped delts? Just give this workout a try, and you’ll be sporting some mighty deltoid muscles in no time.Before listing the routine here is a description of each exercise and how to execute it:
Seated Front Dumbbell Raise (Front deltoids)
- Sitting on the edge of a bench with your feet firmly on the floor, place the dumbbells in the space between your feet and the bench, this is your starting position.
- Pick a couple of dumbbells and stand with a straight torso and the dumbbells on front of your thighs at arms length with the palms of the hand facing your thighs.
- Without swinging, lift the dumbbells to the front with a slight bend on the elbow and the palms of the hands always facing down. Make sure your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor.
Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise (Rear deltoids)
- Sitting on the end of the bench with your legs together and the dumbbells behind your calves.
- Make sure you bend your waist while keeping the back straight in order to pick up the dumbbells.
- The palms of your hands should be facing each other as you pick them, this will be your starting position.
- Keeping your torso forward and stationary, and the arms slightly bent at the elbows, lift the dumbbells straight to the side until both arms are parallel to the floor. After a one second contraction at the top, slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.