Primary Muscle(s): Traps
- Stand tall with 2 dumbbells at your side.
- Tighten your core, draw back your shoulders, and powerfully shrug up into your neck.
- SQUEEZE the contraction for 2s and slowly lower all the way down.
Tip: Exaggerate the squeeze at the top of each rep and hold the final rep for as long as possible.
Lunging Shoulder Press
Primary Muscle(s): Shoulders (All)
- Hold a dumbbell with your left arm and lunge forward with your right leg. This is your base position, stay balanced and anchored.
- Maintain a tight core and powerfully shoot the dumbbell overhead.
- Hold for .5s and slowly lower it back down to your shoulder. Do a full set and repeat for the opposite side. Press from the down position at all times.
Tip: This is designed as a stationary press. Make it more advanced and movement based by doing a full lunge and THEN a press for every rep.
Cable Face Pulls
Primary Muscle(s): Rear Deltoids
- Stand at a cable station with a rope attachment. Adjust it as high as possible.
- Tighten your core, raise your arms, draw your shoulders back, and pull the rope in towards your mouth. Flare it and pull your rear deltoids as far back as possible. Your elbows should stay high throughout.
- SQUEEZE the contraction for 1s and slowly release it back to start.
Primary Muscle(s): Front Deltoids
- Squat down slightly with a kettlebell on the ground in between your legs. Grab it with your right hand.
- Dip down, contract your butt, pull your shoulder forward, and powerfully swing the kettlebell up to your face. Your legs should ascend with torso. SQUEEZE your core and keep your lower back flat.
- Control the weight and slowly bring it back down to the bottom. Immediately repeat for a full set and then switch arms.
Tip: You can also do kettlebell swings with two arms and a heavier weight.