- Stand with feet hip-width apart and hold heavy dumbbells or barbell in your hands in front of your legs.
- Soften your knees and slowly lower the weights down your shins keeping your back long and eyes forward.
- Once back is parallel to floor, squeeze hamstrings, glutes, and abs as you slowly pull weights back up legs to standing position. Repeat 10 times.
Single Leg Hamstring Bridge Lifts
- Lay on your back and place your feet on a bench or step (the bottom of the staircase is fine.)
- Extend your right leg up in the air and squeeze your glutes and abs tight.
- Now push through your left heel to raise your hips off the ground. Lower slowly and with control. Repeat 10 times and switch legs.
Stability Ball Hamstring Roll-In
- Begin lying on back, arms by side and feet on top of stability ball.
- Squeeze glutes and abs and lift body up so you are in a straight line with only shoulders and head relaxed on mat.
- Pull heels toward glutes rolling ball in, then push the ball back out. Continue to pull ball in and out for desired number of reps. Slowly lower body back to the mat.